Toby Keith has announced that he has been suffering from stomach cancer. However, Toby Keith plans to get back in “fighting condition” and potentially resume his concert tour schedule. Last month, the 61-year-old country music legend gave an update on his health during an interview with “CMT Top 20 Countdown.” He had previously announced that he had been diagnosed with stomach cancer in the autumn of 2021 and had been receiving treatment for many months.
In a video clip from the interview, Keith said he was feeling hopeful about the future despite the challenges of his diagnosis and treatment. “I’m considering getting back into condition for a fight. The “Red Solo Cup” guy says, “I need some time to simply relax and recuperate.” “a quote from the singer.
“It’s pretty debilitating to go through all that, but as long as everything remains hunky-dory”, he said we’d look at something positive in the future. In June, Keith shared the news of his cancer diagnosis with his fan base through social media. Last autumn, I was diagnosed with stomach cancer,” the singer tweeted. “I’ve had chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery for six months. Up until this point, everything has been OK. I need some space to refill my batteries and unwind.”
“I can’t wait to see my loved ones over this break. But I anticipate seeing the supporters shortly. I’m excited!”, the man said. Stomach cancer, also known as gastric cancer, grows when “cells in the stomach start to proliferate out of control,” as the American Cancer Society states.
During the BMI Country Awards in Nashville last month, Keith received the BMI Icon Award. According to Taste of Country, the artist sang and made a 12-minute acceptance speech.
Feelin’ the love,” Keith captioned photos he sent on Instagram after the wedding. I was honoured to receive @BMI’s Icon Award on Tuesday night. We appreciate all you’ve done over the years, BMI, and the fantastic tributes from @carrieunderwood, @ericchurchmusic, @deandillonmusic, and @scottyemerick.”