In Brazil, it is generally accepted that a caustic decoction made from the sun-dried skins of jabuticaba can be used to cure hemoptysis, asthma, diarrhea, and dysentery. Additionally, jabuticaba can be used as a gargle to treat chronic inflammation of the tonsils. The consumption of an excessive amount of tannin is another risk associated with this method of using fruit. The fruit of the Jaboticaba tree contains molecules that are comparable to those found in cranberries, grapes, and other species that are related to it. These compounds are known to have beneficial biological benefits, including anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
- Jabuticaba Fruit may be stimulating, and it opens up the bronchial airways, which is beneficial for individuals who suffer from asthma. Additionally, fruit is mildly astringent, which makes it excellent for treating diarrhea and can also heal those who are suffering from tonsillitis.
- The Jabuticaba Fruit reduces inflammation and has a wealth of powerful antioxidants.
- The Jabuticaba Fruit is an anti-aging fruit with health advantages comparable to those provided by cranberries.
- The Jabuticaba Fruit has a high protein content, a low carbohydrate content, high levels of calcium, iron, and phosphorus, and a very high vitamin C content. It also includes some B vitamins and has a very low calorie content.
- Due to the high concentration of anticancer chemicals found in jabuticaba, new research is being conducted to investigate the efficacy of jabuticaba in the battle against cancer.
- The Jabuticaba Fruit is soothing to the gastrointestinal tract, aids in the treatment of arthritis, and also protects against a wide variety of skin illnesses and even hair loss.
- The Jabuticaba Fruit is an excellent cleansing agent as well.