“If you’re fortunate enough to have a Big Boy restaurant nearby, you may have experienced the delight of their fresh strawberry pie. However, for those who don’t have that luxury, fear not! You can easily recreate a delicious Big Boy-style strawberry pie in the comfort of your own home.
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 4 ounces butter, at room temperature
– 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Strawberry Pie Filling:
– 1 cup water
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
– 1 quart strawberries, rinsed, stemmed, and dried
– 1 pint whipped cream for garnish
- Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In order to make the crust, mix the flour, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla essence together in a bowl. Combine the components by thoroughly combining the materials after giving them a good mixing. Put the mixture into a pie pan with a diameter of 9 inches and press it all the way up the sides. Use a fork to prick holes all over the surface of the crust.
- Place the crust in the oven and bake for about ten to fifteen minutes, or until it gets a golden brown color. Take it out of the oven and allow it cool down to room temperature.
- While the dough is baking, get started on the filling for the strawberry pie. Combine the water, granulated sugar, salt, cornstarch, and red food coloring in a small saucepan. Heat until the sugar is dissolved. Continuously stirring the mixture while it cooks over medium heat for about five minutes, or until it reaches the desired consistency. Put the glaze to the side and allow it to cool down.
- When the crust is completely cooled, create a pile of filling by placing the strawberries, which have been washed, de-stemmed, and dried, into the crust. After it has had time to cool and thicken, the glaze should be poured over the top of the strawberries. Place the pie in the refrigerator while you wait for the glaze to harden.
- When you are ready to serve the pie, decorate it with a glob of whipped cream or whipped topping for dessert. Enjoy!
You may now enjoy the delectable pleasure of a fresh strawberry pie made in the style of Big Boy right in your own kitchen!”