Pressure Mounts to Strip Harry and Meghan of Royal Titles Following Explosive Interview
This comes in the latest instalment of an increasingly animose royal saga as public and political pressures build on the new King Charles III to take away titles from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

The demands for immediate action are triggered after Prince Harry’s unsuccessful attempt to restore his UK police protection and a recent interview with BBC, which became a media scandalous story.
Prince Harry’s case had recently lost at the Court of Appeal that had aimed at overturning the ruling pertaining to the non-provision of publicly funded police protection for him and the members of his family when they visit the UK.

Harry has always put forward the fact that his family’s inability to travel to Britain was because of safety reasons especially to his wife, Meghan, and children. The Duke of Sussex’s assertion that Britain is not secure for him and his family without official security had been front and center in his court fight.
After the case verdict, Prince Harry conducted an interview with the BBC where he made several explosive claims, which included the fact that senior figures at the Royal Household were directly intervening in his case.

As reported by The Daily Mail, he claimed an “Establishment stitch-up”, saying he was astonished that two senior royals sit on the Ravec committee –the committee making decisions on royal security. He has further said that his father King Charles “won’t speak to me,” as the royal family’s estrangement continues to deteriorate.
Prince Harry amazingly pleaded to the Home Secretary to check on the Royal Family’s and Ravec’s influence on the legal verdict. However, a government spokesperson stressed independence of the process saying,:

All members collaborate and counsel the independent chair with regard to protective security of the Royal Family and significant members of the public. As part of long-standing set up these decisions have been taken by Ravec and not Home Secretary.
Nevertheless, Harry’s accusations have not been well received by the public or the Palace circles.
The backlash to the interview that Harry had conducted was very quick and brutal. His comments, in particular, those regarding King Charles’ health – he was said to have said that his father “doesn’t know how much longer he has left” –
were said to have been deeply insensitive and a step too far by royal insiders. Comments of the kind are not only viewed as hurtful, but potentially harmful to the image of the monarchy when King Charles is already experiencing the tests of public life with health issues.

Enemies of the royal family also jumped on BBC for failing to give Harry room to make more inflammatory claims. Responding to the charge, the broadcaster conceded “lapse” in the editorial standards.
Accusations were made that the process was ‘an Establishment stitch-up’ and we did not refute it properly and other accusations. This case is eventually that of the Home Office and we should have reflected their statement”.
Despite all the trouble Harry dragges him in, a poll conducted on The Mail on Sunday reveals increasing public support of King Charles against Prince Harry. Much now thinks that the time is ripe to draw a line – by starting with the suspension of royal titles of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

One of the loudest voices belong to media personality Piers Morgan who tweeted on X:
“The king needs to strip Harry and Meghan from their titles asap”. They never will stop attacking him, the Monarchy as well as the ROYAL FAMILY – but at the same time, all the while, enriching themselves from their ROYALITY. It’s despicable.”
Morgan went a step further when he pointed about the timing of Harry’s previous criticisms.

He trashed his family when Prince Philip was dying, he trashed his family when The Queen was dying and now he is trashing his family when his father and sister-in-law [Kate] had been battling cancer. Are there more vile public figure than Prince Harry in this world?”
Although the Sussexes have taken a step back from senior royal duties, they retain the title of Duke and Duchess of Sussex which they obtained through a royal grant from their wedding day by Queen Elizabeth II.
Getting rid of them would be a bold and novel departure from the present-day royal history, which might trigger additional international investigations and domestic family strife.

However, with growing public discontent and continued taunting from the other side of the ocean, King Charles may be forced to make a heartrending choice soon: or keep the status quo and damage the trust in the monarchy even further or take an unprecedented measure of stripping his son and daughter-in-law of the titles and draw a limit.
Amidst various personal and public challenges that face the Royal Family, the need to take decisive actions is also at its highest. The weeks to come could well decide it for monarchy: whether reconciliation – or rupture.
More Interesting Stories :-
Concerns Grow Over Prince Harry’s Safety as New Threats Emerge
Prince Harry Reportedly Receiving Threats to His Life — Details Revealed
Following verified threats to his life that allegedly came from a recognized terrorist group, Prince Harry has returned to court to contest the UK government’s decision to reduce his protection.
According to court records, Prince Harry asked for certain security measures after the terrorist organization al-Qaeda threatened him.

The documents claim that the terror group released a letter calling for the Duke of Sussex “to be murdered,” claiming that his “assassination would please the Muslim community.”
Legal actions surrounding Prince Harry’s ongoing dispute about the degree of police protection he received while in Britain brought these threats to light.
Harry has been battling to have automatic police protection for his trips to the UK since he and his wife, Meghan, left their working royal status in 2020 and relocated overseas.
His legal team contended that he and his family are put at risk by the current system, which requires prior notification for each journey and evaluates each one separately.
The Court of Appeal in London heard the case over the course of two days in April 2025. At the Royal Courts of Justice, Harry made an in-person appearance.
The judges were informed by his attorney, Shaheed Fatima KC, that “there is a person sitting behind me whose safety, whose security, and whose life is at stake.
” She emphasized that the Duke’s court appearance demonstrated the significance of the matter to him and his family. Because of the sensitive nature of the material covered, a portion of the hearing was held in private.
A written synopsis of the closed-session hearing was eventually authorized by the judges. Harry’s claim that the Royal and VIP Executive Committee (Ravec), which makes security decisions, had not followed protocol when his protection was decreased was part of the report.
Rather than implementing standard policy, Ravec chose a “bespoke” approach that isn’t used by others in comparable circumstances.

In April 2019, Harry had conducted a risk assessment prior to resigning from his duties. The findings were in favor of maintaining his police protection at its previous level. However, the system altered after he relocated overseas.
Protection was given on a case-by-case basis, and Ravec started forcing him to give 30 days’ notice prior to each visit.
This alternative method, Harry argued the court, is “inadequate, inappropriate, and ineffective.” The Home Office’s Sir James Eadie KC said during the proceedings that Harry’s exit from royal life had created a unique scenario.
He clarified that the Duke’s situation needed to be tailored to the existing restrictions, which were not strict. Harry “disagrees vehemently” with the decision, although Sir James acknowledged that this “did not amount to a ground of appeal.” He added that the decision had been thoroughly examined and unanimously approved.
After taking into account some risks, like the al-Qaeda threat, the Home Office concluded that evaluating risk as needed was the best course of action.
Sir Richard Mottram, the previous chair of the Joint Intelligence Committee and a pivotal role in Ravec for eleven years, was also mentioned by Sir James in his defense of Ravec’s handling of the matter.
Harry was attentive during the proceedings in court, taking notes from time to time. Hearing that standard cases typically undergo a risk assessment but his did not caused him to react visibly at one point. He reportedly raised a hand in disbelief and threw down his pen.
One prominent figure yelled outside the courtroom that Harry’s departure from England was due to the media. The person was quickly removed by court employees.
In a recent interview with The Telegraph, Harry expressed his belief that his security was taken away in an attempt to dissuade him and Meghan from leaving the Royal Family.
He insists that private companies cannot take the place of the protection that the Metropolitan Police Service provided before to 2020.
This case comes after the High Court declared in February 2024 that Ravec’s ruling was both legitimate and equitable, resulting in a prior legal setback. But the Court of Appeal allowed Harry to contest that decision in June 2024.
He had a “real prospect of success” in proving that conventional processes had not been followed, the court had said.
Due to safety concerns, especially the threat posed by al-Qaeda, Harry’s legal team requested last year that the court expedite the proceedings. The request was turned down.
After the judges have reviewed all of the arguments, a final ruling is anticipated after Easter.
As we previously noted, a body language expert made astute remarks on the Duke of Sussex’s confident walk into a London courthouse, suggesting that his manner was more complex than first appeared.
Prince Harry made a notable appearance in a London court on Tuesday, April 8, 2025, to continue his legal struggle against his U.K. security being downgraded.

The Duke is contesting a prior High Court decision that supported the government’s choice to evaluate his security requirements for each visit to the UK on an individual basis.
Judi James, a specialist in body language, analyzed Prince Harry’s manner upon his arrival to court. “With his brisk, swaggering walk and his jacket unbuttoned, it would be reasonable to describe Harry’s chosen projected body language mood here as ‘cocky,'” she said in an exclusive interview with Express.
Judi said that “his chest is puffed and he throws some brusque, celebrity waves to either press or maybe fans waiting to watch him, creating the suggestion that he sees himself as rather heroic and even popular for his current UK court appearance.”
Although this conduct would imply assurance, Judi saw indications that might indicate inward discomfort.
“There is one cue or ‘tell’ though that suggests he might not be feeling quite as brave as he seems to want to make out and that is the frequent touch on the tie or stomach here that creates an excuse for a self-protective barrier gesture,” she continued.
Judi continued, “As a ritual it is similar to his father’s trait of playing with a cuff or watch strap to enable him to lift one arm up in front of his torso.”
Prince Harry reached the court just after 9:30 a.m. BST, according to BBC News. He was spotted waving to cameras before entering through a private entrance with a small security crew backed by court personnel.

The Duke did not answer when reporters questioned him about whether he intended to meet with his father, King Charles.
Harry sat in the middle of the courtroom while it was in session. He had been “singled out” for unfair treatment, according to his legal team.
She said that by changing his taxpayer-funded protection without first contacting security experts, the Royal and VIP Executive Committee (Ravec) had violated its protocols.
A government ruling that altered the Duke’s security arrangements in the United Kingdom is at the heart of the lawsuit. Harry claims that he and his family are at risk because of this shift.
In the past, he has emphasized the importance of safety, particularly for his kids, and stated that he wants them to feel comfortable while traveling to the nation.
The High Court has already declared that Ravec’s conduct were not illegal. The written arguments made during this appeal, however, were rejected by the government’s legal staff.
“Small parts of the evidence” support the prince’s case, they said, and it shows “a continued failure to see the wood for the trees.”
Prince Harry is pursuing legal proceedings to reinstate a regular security detail in the United Kingdom, and his court appearance was characterized by obvious confidence and subtly tense gestures.
The government keeps up its defense as his legal team questions the impartiality of the decision-making process. As the proceedings progress, the outcome is still uncertain.
Harry’s London court appearance coincided with other Royal Family members concentrating on overseas responsibilities.
In an effort to commemorate and deepen the relationship between the United Kingdom and Italy, King Charles III and Queen Camilla embarked on a four-day state visit to Italy on April 7.

The royal couple used the soft power of monarchy to strengthen diplomatic and cultural links between the two countries during their state visit, making appearances in Rome and Ravenna.
Although a formal state visit to the Holy See was originally planned for the trip, that element has been removed. Following his discharge from the hospital, where he was treated for double pneumonia, Pope Francis is presently recuperating.
The royal delegation has redirected its attention to other areas of the Italian capital after the Vatican activities were removed from the itinerary.
The remaining engagements in Rome have been rescheduled and spread out over two days to accommodate the modifications, and certain appearances have been given additional aspects.
Charles and Camilla have shared adorable pictures of themselves surrounded by beautiful buildings and flowers on Instagram, along with other moments from their vacation thus far. A video of their visit to see President Sergio Mattarella at the Quirinale was also posted.
“As we embark on our first trip to Italy as King and Queen, we are so looking forward to celebrating our twentieth wedding anniversary in such a special place – and with such wonderful people!” is the message that goes with the colorful pictures of Charles and his sweetheart. A pronto, Ravenna e Roma! Camilla R. and Charles R.
Prior to Harry’s arrival in the United Kingdom, when he made an appearance in a London courtroom on April 8, the royal couple travels to Italy.
He legally challenged the British government’s decision to lower the amount of publicly sponsored security he received when visiting the UK. Every time the Duke of Sussex visits England, his security requirements are evaluated separately to ascertain the level of protection he would require while in the United Kingdom, according to the BBC.
The committee that determines the type of security royals receive claims that Prince Harry has stated his willingness to pay for police protection, but that is not permitted.
According to Charlotte Gallagher, a BBC correspondent, “The funds either come centrally, or not at all.”
Furthermore, his most recent appeal is the most recent development in a series of steps in a matter that has been pending for almost three years.

Since September 2021, Harry has been able to contest the Home Office through a judicial review application, which ultimately proved to be unsuccessful.
He subsequently made an unsuccessful attempt to appeal the judge’s decision. But in May 2024, he was finally allowed to present his case before the Court of Appeal, which is how things stand now.